Details on this years competition:
• history of food and drink in the Netherlands and Belgium;
• based on thorough historical research;
• published as (part of) a book or as an article in a magazine between the 1 January 2017 and the 31 December 2018.
• Daniëlle De Vooght, winner of the Joop Witteveen Prize 2012, historian and coordinator at KU Leuven;
• Marleen Willebrands, culinary historian and linguist;
• Kasia Cwiertka, Professor of Modern Japan Studies at Leiden University;
• Sytze van der Veen, historian and chief editor of De Boekenwereld;
• Marike van Roon, Headcurator of UvA Heritage and chair of the jury.
How to submit
Send your publication (books: 5 copies) before the 1 April 2019 to:
Special Collections of the University of Amsterdam
Attn. Joke Mammen, Secretary of the Joop Witteveen Prize
P.O. Box 94436
NL – 1090 GK Amsterdam,
stating ‘Joop Witteveen Prize 2019’
A copy of the magazine or article can be sent to the above address or by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Joop Witteveen Prize 2019
Please include your full name, postal address, phone number, and email address.